1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Website Tonight - GoDaddy - review

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Grits, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Website tonight, the sitebuilder that GoDaddy offers, sucks. I wouldn't waste your time. I tried using it last night and today, and was unhappy with it. I cancelled it, but kept my domain name. I think I will just have someone build me a site and use godaddy to host it.
  2. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Grits

from Florida

Couldn't get it to do what I wanted. Now I admit, I am not a computer engineer, but I can figure things out.....and I just couldn't get this one down. Maybe I should have said that it sucked for me.
  4. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Frontpage is pretty simple to use if you have a little PC knowledge. Yahoo Sitebuilder is a piece of cake. Just options.
  5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Hey, I tried to tell you....

At least I know it isn't just me.

Website tonight 4.1 sucks, 2.3 was very usable and easy to create pages with. 4.1 just seems like it hangs and then errors out or says you don't have account authority or some BS like that.

I'm trying now to see what kind of a page I can make with Microsoft Publisher, and see if there's some way I can threaten GoDaddy in order to get the Website tonight delux money refunded. It sure as hell isn't doing any good with something that can't be used. I'd like to see an actual site that somebody has created with this new version. I bet nobody has been able to make it work.
  6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Well I tell you, it took time to make the ultimate conversion...

But I hand code all of mine, with a code editor.
    Got tired of it.
  7. Grits

from Florida

I know, but I had to try it for myself. They are giving me a refund on it. I still kept my domain name with them and this evening I ordered a hosting package from them. I downloaded coffee cup html editor. It has WYSIWYG and html editor. I think I will be able to create a good site with this program. For right now, I downloaded a web template from gopher.com and edited it. It pretty much looks like every other site that others have made with the template, but that is fine for now. I just want to get something up and going and I will work on an original as time allows.
  8. yard_smart

yard_smart LawnSite Senior Member

i host at www.1and1.com best price by far !!!! and not to bad on the site builder . . .but with me being a web design nerd lo i like to do it all on my own . . .my sites are down right now for mant. but check em out in about a week . . . .scrappyspowerwash.com & yardsmartlawncareandlandscaping.com