website tonight...??? wth?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Midstate Lawncare, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Midstate Lawncare

Midstate Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Can anyone tell me what the *&^% I am missing with website tonight. or is it just one of those things that you are supposed to throw money at?

2. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Nope, can't tell you what you're missing, cause I can't find it myself. Our current site was done with the old 2.7 version. As long as I don't publish what I keep trying to make work with this 4.2 junk, the current site will stay.

Work on trying this coffeecup editor. Changed the WST stuff over to a monthly plan so that when I get what I want with coffeecup html editor, I can change it over to a hosting plan and upload a new site.

Website Tonight 4.whatever is just overly complicated, and one of the BIGGEST mistakes GoDaddy has made in my opinion. If you have to be a freaking webmaster pro to make a site with WST 4.whatever, then why even use a template based creator instead of hard htmling it yourself.

Don't waste time with it is my opinion/advise.

3. big acres

big acres LawnSite Member

We went to update our site with the newer version and our logo and all the graphics did not import correctly, leaving a very amateurish appearance. I put up an "under construction" page before my customers see it and we are bringing in a pro to design a new site from scratch.

4. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

So there is even another Jacksonville !!

Our address is Jacksonville, Oregon.

Wasn't quite sure what the meaning of your post was. Having problems with an existing site?

5. Midstate Lawncare

Midstate Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Yes sir, Jacksoville Illinois, 19k without college students....19,900 with all 3 colleges in!!! lol 25 miles west of Springfield IL.
    I am building a new site.... I have web-easy site builder v 6 ....it is gravy but it makes kinda cheesy looking pages. thats why I got website tonight, it looked professional, but I didn't know you would need a masters degree to use it though. :dizzy::dizzy::drinkup: