Website Wallpapers page: Incentive

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by mdvaden, Oct 9, 2007.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

One thing aside from the well though out tags and stuff for websites that I like, is the incentives to visit stuff.

For example, advice pages.

I think I see advice pages on arborist websites a bit more often. Anyway, that's one aspect I've tried.

One thing I'm experimenting with as of this week, is a wallpapers page. I already had albums of our region, just to give visitors from abroad an idea of what Oregon is like, maybe entertain them a bit (I like looking at their photos - why not). So... figured, why not pick some favorite images from my albums that I like using for my own wallpapers, and just make a page for that aspect.... then keep building on it.

http://www.mdvaden.com/screen_savers.shtml

Just one more brick in the foundation.

2. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

Are you saying you are offering "your pictures" for use as others wall paper?

Are they your landscaping shots or just shots you have taken in your travels?

3. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes - for others to use on their monitors. Not for other stuff - but for their computer wallpaper.

Two most popular favorites happen to be the beat up old building and the delapidated fishing troller. I can tell from the album stats. :rolleyes:

The peacock and horses is one of my all-time faves, and I'm using the sunset currently.

Just shots taken hiking, camping or driving to places like the coast.

Those are shots I use on my screen as well.