website

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DBL, Sep 9, 2005.

1. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

hey guys i have just one questig a on. we are in the process of desining a website. however we dont know what we should have on the website. i hope you guys can help me out with this thanks

2. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

As with every single piece of advertising you have, it should feature your company name and logo(if you have one), Contact information and services that you provide and where. I would not list prices there, pictures and testimonials of jobs should be on subpages. Be clean and fast at delivering your message on the front page, then let your customer dig deeper if they wish. With 8 billion or whatever the number of pages there are out there now, you better not slog through a huge front page or your customer may just go elsewhere rather than wait. The nice thing about the web is that you can go into greater detail abotu your subject, but put that inside your site and make your navigation to them simple and easy. Label everything you have, invoices, letterhead, trucksigns, etc. with your website, expect no tangible results from it in the way of new sales and watch your expenses(hosting, building, etc.). It will generate more sales in the way of giving people additional information about your company, but it won't generate them on it's own. Seeing you out working, your crews, trucks, your traditional marketing, etc. will be what gets their attention, the web will just augment that position.

3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

hey thanks and youre right about it not getting new business just supplement business thanks again

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

great advice from greenutah, simple on the front with more information "deeper" in the site.

also, make sure it looks OK in more than one browser. GreenUtah, I took a screenshot of your site, I run Mozilla Firefox and something is out of whack with your site, check the bottom of the picture.

Screenshot.png

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi DBL,

We have a collection of 10 free web templates you can download and use. Maybe one of them will give you ideas.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates.Make your own logo Free.</center>

6. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

lol..yeah, I know...I am no CSS guru and that's the problem there, it's floating the footer up into the body on several pages. dreamweaver 8 is supposed to make that work a little better, so just waiting for that in the next few days or so, then I'll see if I can get that thing down where it belongs.