Website

Discussion in 'W.E. Chapps' started by Tharrell, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I can't wait for your website to load. I've been there before and it's always so slow. I want some products but, I can't stand that site. The music is annoying and I have to mute my system, it wouldn't even let me go. I had to disconnect and redial. I don't seem to have this problem with other websites.
    Sorry to be so negative but, it's very annoying. Is there something different about your particular website that makes it like this?

2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

it loads pretty fast for me, but have braodband cable.

still, they have good products and the customer service is excellent, so its worth the effort.

3. WE Chapps

WE Chapps Sponsor

Tharrel,

You must be on dial up. In the beginning of the W.E. website development we had it set up so that it would load quick for that very reason but as DSL/Broadband became more and more available we started adding more animations and photos. That is why it takes so long. The words by themselves load pretty fast.

We have a catalog that has all the products in full color with descriptions and pricing that we would be glad to send you. Call our Toll Free # 800-816-2427 to have one sent out you.

And about the music...any suggestions? Everyone can add their comments on what they would like to hear. So please do, we would like to hear from you.

Thanks for writing.

W.E.

4. WE Chapps

WE Chapps Sponsor

Adam,

It is nice that our customers are willing to step up to the plate and drive home a few of our good qualities to let others know what we can do. We really are all on the same team and in the same game together.

Thanks,
    W.E.

5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

As long as the trimmer manufacturers keep disregarding the consumers, you'll sell plenty of your arm chaps. That's what I was interested in. I got a Stihl FS85r and it's loud and it burned my arm. It may be sold but if it turns out not to be, I'll have to order some. I need some wb bags too.
    Btw, I had an idea for someone like yourself that already has a marketing company up and running. What about some kind of universal flap that would shield the operator from the heat and spark of a trimmer? Something that would maybe zip tie easily onto a trimmer? I know the chaps would work for that but, I'd rather not wear anything else if possible?
    Couldn't some of that material from the equipment covers work for that?
    Anyway, most manufacturers don't seem to think about the consumer when it comes to these issues. There's a big thread about the Echo 261 and of course my thread about this Stihl I have. There has to be more.

6. WE Chapps

WE Chapps Sponsor

Tharrel,

That can be a real problem when your arm contacts the muffler area or an exposed spark plug wire. Not sure that it would be possible to make some universal protector that would attach to the trimmer but will look at it better.

When you weed trim you only need to have the one arm protected that is closest to the trimmer engine. It really isn't bad wearing the Arm Chapps. They easily velcro on and off and are made of cool cotton. They are also washable.

We have some walk behind bags waiting for you when you want them. Just call toll free 800-816-2427 or email us at safety@wechapps.com.

Hope it's been a good year so far for you.

Thanks,
    W.E.

7. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

W E
    As dumb as this may sound I bought 3 single string trimmer covers at the expo and there are no instructions, I have them on but not sure if it is the correct way could you please post some pictures, and the one on the website does not show very well.

Thanks,
    Steve

8. WE Chapps

WE Chapps Sponsor

Steve,

If you got them on, they probably are on right.

Let's go thru the steps while we are here. The Trimmer Covers go on like a bonnet would. Open it up with the Velcro and opening toward the shaft side of the engine. Slip it over the engine, pulling it down snug so that it is on tight. Secure the Velcro under the shaft. Clip together the small plastic quick release buckle that goes under the gas tank. This keeps it from blowing of when you are moving.

There is another larger plastic buckle with a strap that is on top of the cover. It is designed to attach around the trimmer rack itself. In your case with other covers on trimmers in the same rack, that same buckle can be attached to the cover above it in the female portion of the plastic buckle that is sewn to the back side at the bottom. This is to help prevent leaving them somewhere nearby or blowing out of the trailer if they were left loose on the inside.

There are no other photos to post for you but if you look at the one on the website you will see how they can click into each other and secure back to the trailer rack as well.

If you have any more questions please email back.

Thanks for your support of the Green Industry by attending the EXPO in
    Louisville and the purchase of the Trimmer Covers.

Best Regards,
    W.E.