1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by dab212s, Jan 29, 2007.

1. dab212s

dab212s LawnSite Member

2. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I would say that your photos seem to be pretty dark. Can you lighten them up? Do you have photoshopCS? I really like your logo, it is very professional looking.
  3. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you should keep the pictures stationary or have then move from the same direction
  4. seolatlanta

seolatlanta LawnSite Member

I also think you should keep the pictures stationary. It cheapens the look of the site a bit as your logo is pretty good.

not quite finished yet!
  5. dab212s

dab212s LawnSite Member

thanks for the suggestions, i do have photoshop, I think I need to retake some of the pictures closer to when the sun is setting also.
  6. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

When I entered your site it asks me to save the flash file that runs your home page. I would not suggest using a flash file as an intro unless you have optimized it correctly, which is a little tricky.
  7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

what about using a java based slide show like my homepage ? im not asking you to do what i do but it runs smoother and loads faster it seems.

I do like your logo alot. I almost used one similar when we created ours. The pics on the home page seem a bit jerky on my end. Not sure if its how you animated it or what. Nice start and a nice layout. Just needs some fine tuning now.

I found the gallery took a second to figure out. When you click a photo to enlarge it then you cant click back or click it again to go back and see another one... You gotta click gallery all over again. Even my back button was disabled. We are going to be revamping ours now that we have a fair collection of pics to redo it with and we are going to go with a little bit different format but again ours is very simple to use now.

In my opinion the wording on parts of your site might benifit from a little attention or perhaps its just the lay out of the text.

I think you really have something to go on here tho. Have you eperimented with a lighter back ground color ? I get the slight feeling the whole site is kinda dark. Maybe brightening up the pictures a little bit will help that some.
  8. Frog Lights  LLC

Frog Lights LLC LawnSite Member

I like it ...good job
  9. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

When using photoshop to lighten nighttime pictures, you may have better results by increasing the gamma by one value or less.
  10. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

site not compatable with firefox