1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MeadowsLawnCare, May 17, 2007.

1. MeadowsLawnCare

MeadowsLawnCare LawnSite Member

Hey guys just got the website up and going. Waiting on the online payements to be setup but just wanted to get some input. www.meadowslc.com

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Looks GREAT............ do you have customers that want to pay online ?

For me this is Just not an option....people in my neck of the woods dont know waht a computer is
  3. MeadowsLawnCare

actually i dont have a ton of customers yet just starting up. Who im using to take credit cards doesnt charge a setup fee or monthly fee just 2% or so per transaction. I'm going to give a handout to every new customer saying "hey we take online payments too" For $20 a month you can even take them over the phone in person. I don't expect a lot of people to do this but imo it looks more professional.
  4. mlhm5

mlhm5 LawnSite Member
    from NC

add your email where you tell customers to call you for a quote and if you are going to let people pay online, you better have a PayPal account .
  5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I had 1 customer ask about credit card ...But only 1 and I wound up loosing her because I didn't....but she was a 1 time cut...

I suppose it kind of depends on where you live and what people get used to..
  6. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

Good job! Looks good
  7. quipit

quipit LawnSite Member

Hey, you've added an extra 'M' in the word 'amount' on the online payment page, hmmm, maybe you'll add an extra zero on a 100.00 credit card charge...just a thought
  8. MeadowsLawnCare

Thanks for the info! I dont actaully run the card tho :) They just click it enter the dollar amount and put in their invoice number and bam its paid. Pretty simple.

Thanks again
    Andy Meadows
  9. quipit

quipit LawnSite Member

I didn't know that and I wanted to pay my bill....checks in the mail:)
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Something I've learned over the years, and this is in no way meant as criticism, is to leave the area code off any phone numbers listed on the site. Unless you live between codes, I find leaving this out considerably slows the snake oil peddlers. Looks nice, and it's not that big of a deal until you get some inbound links, but prevention might save a headache.