Website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by wannabamower, Nov 9, 2007.

1. wannabamower

wannabamower LawnSite Member

My website is www.edwardslawnservice.com please check out and give me some feedback. I have only had it going for a few months. I plan on making some major changes this winter.

Brandon
    Edwards Lawn Service

2. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

Major lack of focus on page one... That is as far as I went.

Create a page that is clean, easy to navigate and tells someone that doesn't know you what you do.

At that point come back and we will help you fine tune...

3. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

That needs to be the focus of the website. Either put your navigation at the left or the top. Dump the weather channel stuff even if it means you have to pay for hosting. Dump the search at the top. People will never search your site and they will never search the internet from your site.

If you get those items corrected I think you will have something to work with.

4. CFLS

CFLS LawnSite Member

I agree with getting rid of the weather crap and making the right side the focus. Also in one picture it looks like you're using herbicide around the concrete? Personally I think that looks like crap, much better to just edge.

5. wannabamower

Thank you for all of your feedback. This website only cost me $15.00 from Staples to make and a year of web hosting. I plan on having a custom designed website done sometime this winter. The website I have now has limits that I don't like.

6. wannabamower

I've made a few changes, so you can let me know what else needs changed.

7. Janeth

Janeth LawnSite Member

I would get rid of the stat counter, get rid of the green background, put your phone number and other contact information in the header, and tone the colors down a little.

The site is a little hard on the eyes.

Just my two cents :)

8. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Plus you don't want to advertise pictures of your equipment so the thieves already know what you have. Potential customers don't care anyway. Also the pic of the equipment is covering up some of your writing.

9. Trkcat_Ga

Trkcat_Ga LawnSite Member

Get rid of all your background images!

Just do some simple background colors with a nice header and a simple layout and you should be good to go till you get your new one. I dont undersatnd why Staples charged 15 bucks...they should have given that to you for free.

10. wannabamower

Is it that bad that they should give it away. I think the domain name for a year is worth the $15. I change the background color thats what I don't like.