Website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by NEWGUYRI, Nov 9, 2009.

1. NEWGUYRI

NEWGUYRI LawnSite Senior Member

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

you are 15?! wow. i think the home page needs different wording. "Look around" just does not seem right. just a thought . nice work though

3. Basilhayden

Basilhayden LawnSite Member

nice site. I am thinking of doing something along those lines. How much did it cost you to have done?

4. turf and snow

turf and snow LawnSite Member

Lokks pretty good. I got my business cards from Vistaprint and I just may use them for their website deal. Keep up the good work

5. NEWGUYRI

NEWGUYRI LawnSite Senior Member

got it from Vistaprint.com It is free for the first month, and depending on which plan you go with it can cost from $5-$20 a month which isn't bad.

6. ADVANCEDOHIO

ADVANCEDOHIO LawnSite Member

LOOKS GOOD. IM AM USING INTUIT.COM FOR MY WEBSITE. (www.OhioALD.com) IT COST $4.99 A MONTH. I UPGRADED FROM THERE BUT STILL LESS THAN $20 A MONTH.

FYI: I HAD BIG PROBLEMS WITH VISTAPRINT APPROX 1 YEAR AGO, THEY STARTED DRAWING MONEY ON A PROGRAM THEY SAID I SIGNED UP FOR (ONLY BOUGHT BUSINESS CARDS) AND WHEN I DID SOME LOOKING AROUND AND GOOGLED IT.... WOW IT WAS BAD AND THERE WERE THOUSANDS MORE THEY DID THIS TO.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Overall the site looks okay. I would put Barrington Rhode Island somewhere on every page. When search engines look at a page they make note of every word on it. They then index those words into their database. When someone does a search for a specific word or groups of words such as Barrington Rhode Island the seach engine looks at the databse and displays all pages with those words. I had to really look around on your site to figure what state you're in. The more opportunities you give the search engine to find those words the greater the chance your website will appear at the top of the list.

In other words, people looking for a lawn service in Barrington Rhode Island will have a better chance of landing on your page if you put your location on every page.

You also need to go back and proofread a little better. Pronouns are always capitalized and you have a mean overusage of commas.

I would also avoid the usage of fuzzy pics. They don't look good.

[​IMG]

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

BTW, this is an example of a nice, clear landscape pic. I took it yesterday with a 6 megapixel cam. I set the cam on a handrail so there wasn't any shake. Use a tripod if you have to. You can set it on a mower or anything that doesn't move.

[​IMG]

9. Lawn Spa

Lawn Spa LawnSite Member

I like the site but I'mnot much for music on non-music sites...a GREAT pic on the home page is a must...