Website

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by osmann_lawn, Jan 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. osmann_lawn

osmann_lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I redid my website because of all the feedback i got. Let me know what you guys think of my website!

www.osmannlawn.com

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

Website is layed out nice. I would probably take out the "we are a new company" part. Just my opinion. Also, have some one spell check. Refferal is spelled referral. I suck at spelling but I noticed that cause I used to spell it wrong too. LOL Good luck.

3. MowingMowingMowing

MowingMowingMowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Take out the pic of the guy on the riding mower.

4. osmann_lawn

Thanks for the comments. I'm going to leave that picture just because i am new & don't want to give people the wrong idea.

5. Brett's Lawn Care

Brett's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Did you build this website yourself or have it built for you? I am tryin to build one currently and dont know what direction to go
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. osmann_lawn

Yeah i made it all my self. Took me a while to figure it all out. i host with yahoo its like $12.00 a month with email accounts. I don't like there pre made websites so they have a few options. you can use Adobe Dreamweaver or they have a program called Yahoo Site Solutions and you basically build from a white box. I would recommend yahoo for doing a cheap website. I tired Godaddy.com and i did not like it at all. customer support sucks & can't do much to the pre made websites.

7. osmann_lawn

all my marketing material expect craigslist ad's was made by PLAN-IT Graphics. He does a good job.

8. mowing4rlife

mowing4rlife LawnSite Member

Looks great! How did you get the join us on facebook to actually go to facebook.com?:confused:

9. osmann_lawn

Hello!

I saw your craiglist flyer you posted. I actually like it. I made up something similar today. link: https://post.craigslist.org/manage/2795626937

I think if it looks to professional/over done it could be a turn down to some folks. They might feel that you will charge them a lot unlike the guy who has a smaller business down the road. I know that communicating with your accounts makes a big impact if they will hire you on again. When i worked for a large landscaping business doing maintenance they never talked to the home owners. Some of them don't like to be bothered.

Do you have a business plan? If so i was wondering if i could look at it to see how it is written. I want to be ready if i get enough accounts this year i can get a loan quickly. I should have one regardless.

10. osmann_lawn

the facebook button i just found on a website saved it as a picture. placed it on my website. Highlighted it & you can like a image. that's how i did that. Do you have a website?