Website

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by osmann_lawn, Jan 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ndols2

ndols2 LawnSite Member

I agree about the "new company" take it out, and the pic of you mowing. start taking pictures to add to a photo gallery, people like that, you dont have to have a ton, just show quality work, and before an after stuff. take a look at my site and tell me what you think.

www.hillsidepropertymaintenance.com

2. osmann_lawn

osmann_lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, I still have some updating to do on my website. I will get rid of that over the weekend. Your website looks nice! I see what you mean about photo slide thing. Wow you do some big homes. Your work looks really good! i want to get a striping kit for my cub cadet. I'm think i will get one from Big League Lawns that way it will be universal and when i upgrade to a ZTR it will work. just need the accounts before i can upgrade.

3. osmann_lawn

That picture is not of me mowing. Its used on a lot of yellow paged landscaping pages. I didn;t take any pictures last season so i will have to this year.

4. mowing4rlife

mowing4rlife LawnSite Member

Yes, i have a website. So i found a picture just like you did and linked the url address to it, but it only work if i am logged in to facebook.com? Is there a setting i have to change on my facebook like page?

5. osmann_lawn

No. I just copied the URL in the address bar & hyper linked it to the picture. Just as you would do for text. whats your website?

6. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

If you want a pretty easy free drag and drop website you can try
    http://www.weebly.com/ they also have paid upgrades ofcourse.

Vistaprints has easy set up sites and

hostgator is professional and has good customer service, they will show you how to do a drag and drop type site but it's a bit of a learning curve.

Most drag and drop sites and hosting is as low as $10 a month.

7. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

Great looking site, the dude on the riding mower must go

I am starting on a site in the next couple of days and have no clue what program to use yet

8. osmann_lawn

Thanks. Yeah idk i have a garden tractor so i thought it works until i upgrade to a commercial unit. Once i get enough accounts i will hopefully get one in late spring. a lot of lawn care websites use a pic with that guy in it so im not to worried.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  9. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice job Ryan!

10. TheBetterDoorhanger

TheBetterDoorhanger Sponsor

Hi, I just thought I'd jump in there & tell you that I also think your website looks great! I know you said that you already have a marketing supplier, but if you are looking to mix up your materials I wanted to let you know we have a fantastic special going on right now at Adeas for door hangers with our patented Band-It feature. You can get 1,000 for only $99.00. You can also add Stick It to the back for only $20.00 more. We have video on our website explaining how they work. Take a look: http://www.adeasprinting.com/Door-Hangers

-Robin :)