Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by osmann_lawn, Jan 8, 2012.

1. ndols2

ndols2 LawnSite Member

I agree about the "new company" take it out, and the pic of you mowing. start taking pictures to add to a photo gallery, people like that, you dont have to have a ton, just show quality work, and before an after stuff. take a look at my site and tell me what you think.
  2. osmann_lawn

osmann_lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, I still have some updating to do on my website. I will get rid of that over the weekend. Your website looks nice! I see what you mean about photo slide thing. Wow you do some big homes. Your work looks really good! i want to get a striping kit for my cub cadet. I'm think i will get one from Big League Lawns that way it will be universal and when i upgrade to a ZTR it will work. just need the accounts before i can upgrade.
  3. osmann_lawn

That picture is not of me mowing. Its used on a lot of yellow paged landscaping pages. I didn;t take any pictures last season so i will have to this year.
  4. mowing4rlife

mowing4rlife LawnSite Member

Yes, i have a website. So i found a picture just like you did and linked the url address to it, but it only work if i am logged in to Is there a setting i have to change on my facebook like page?
  5. osmann_lawn

No. I just copied the URL in the address bar & hyper linked it to the picture. Just as you would do for text. whats your website?
  6. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

If you want a pretty easy free drag and drop website you can try they also have paid upgrades ofcourse.

Vistaprints has easy set up sites and

hostgator is professional and has good customer service, they will show you how to do a drag and drop type site but it's a bit of a learning curve.

Most drag and drop sites and hosting is as low as $10 a month.
  7. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

Great looking site, the dude on the riding mower must go

I am starting on a site in the next couple of days and have no clue what program to use yet
  8. osmann_lawn

Thanks. Yeah idk i have a garden tractor so i thought it works until i upgrade to a commercial unit. Once i get enough accounts i will hopefully get one in late spring. a lot of lawn care websites use a pic with that guy in it so im not to worried.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  9. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Charlestown, RI

Nice job Ryan!
  10. TheBetterDoorhanger

TheBetterDoorhanger Sponsor

Hi, I just thought I'd jump in there & tell you that I also think your website looks great! I know you said that you already have a marketing supplier, but if you are looking to mix up your materials I wanted to let you know we have a fantastic special going on right now at Adeas for door hangers with our patented Band-It feature. You can get 1,000 for only $99.00. You can also add Stick It to the back for only $20.00 more. We have video on our website explaining how they work. Take a look:

-Robin :)