1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Website

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by osmann_lawn, Jan 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. osmann_lawn

osmann_lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Website updated! I did a lot of changes. Let me know what you guys think? Also if there is any spelling errors let me know. Thanks!

2. theraceshop

theraceshop LawnSite Member

I would still get rid of this - a relatively
    new, but experienced business created in 2011

I would tend to shy away from newbie or they also might think they could take advantage of you. Just my opinion It also doesn't flow well when reading.

I would also change up your ABOUT US page looks like a resume Don't let people think you have no experience. The way I read it sounds to much like you have none.

Get rid of the dude on the rider. Have someone take a pic of you in full gear weed trimming or planting a tree or flowers.

Maybe others can chime in here. But the whole image you want to convay is that your the best and you will make the property look great.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  3. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

I also agree, I would also get rid of the tough economy we will work with you line. I would also lose the biweekly lawn mowing, i am not sure that is something to advertizie even if you do it. Also the astrix after it, I don't think it is good to put in small print what you want everyone to know. Maybe instead of saying services and list a sampling of what you offer, why not replace services with something like "A complete yard care company"

Mowing
    seeding/overseeding
    Spring & Fall Cleanups
    Hedge & Shrub Trimming
    Small Tree Trimming & Pruning
    Tree & Plant Installation
    Weeding & Mulching
    Residential Snow removal
    and much more!

I use the byline "your yard the way you like!"

4. pfcjs

pfcjs LawnSite Member

Looks good just a few changes as mentioned above. What company/program did you use to make the site and register the domain name?