websites, are they worth it?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by lawnwizards, Jul 13, 2006.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

just exploring some business options and i was thinking about adding a website. to those that do have one, do they generate any more business? are they easy to maintain? whats your annual cost to run one? thanks for replies.
    randy

2. JRAZ

JRAZ LawnSite Member
    from NW

Whadya, live in a cave? A website is a no brainer. The cost can vary depending on your site. In most cases it is REALLY affordable. Hire a pro to do it.

3. jondcoleman

jondcoleman LawnSite Member

I mostly did my own website and there is a service request area that is used all of the time. I think that it is really an advantage especially in our area because there are a lot of people who don't speak English very well and for them to be able to find out about our company and request service through a website is very attractive to them. I would guess that we get somewhere between 35%-50% of our leads through our website. (They find out about us from flyers that we put out.)

4. harryhomeowner

harryhomeowner LawnSite Member

I look for a companies website 99% of the time. Doesn't need to be flashy. Just keep it fresh every 3 months or so.

5. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

A Website cant hurt ya.

6. Qreative

Qreative LawnSite Member

Websites costs... (estimations)

$5.99/year for a domain name .... your name landscaping.com
    $4.99/mo hosting (depends what service you use)
    Design can cost a bit $20 is dirt cheap... you will be looking more from $50-75 to setup up a simple site... but this is a one time cost.

Good Luck, let us know how your site turns out.

7. fubu2

fubu2 LawnSite Member

A VERY simple site. Probably about $300+ for an original design. I did this site from scratch for $400. www.roesinc.com But then web design is just a hobby of mine also, so someone doing it professionally would probably charge more.
    Check out 1and1.com for hosting, very affordable, and I haven't had any problems yet.

8. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I can set you up with a site like mine for $30/month includes domain, hosting, and unlimited updates. See my link below

9. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

10. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

I get several calls a week from mine and plenty of sales through it as well.. like everyone has said..prices range..I would suggest paying some one that knows what they are doing to set it up for you..,.
    I can change my site anytime i want, add new pages,products or whatever i want.