Websites

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by ctvalley, Jan 29, 2014.

1. ctvalley

ctvalley LawnSite Member

Anyone here create their own website? Any recommendation on a place to get started. Figure this will be a good winter project that I have put off for years.

2. johnnybow

johnnybow LawnSite Member

Yahoo sites look good

3. Tn2317

Tn2317 LawnSite Member

I did mine using Intuit / Homestead: www.andrewbenslawncare.com. I started out paying about 5 bucks a month and now with the SEO option I pay about 24 bucks a month.

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Foursquare
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

I use this too, pretty easy. No complaints. Funny the yellow flower on your home page at top right was a stock photo they had on a template. I had it on mine for a while too.

6. peeklandscaping

peeklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I did mine using Wordpress. somewhere around $90 a year. whole bunch of templates that you can use.

7. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I use ipage with dragndrop. Used to do it myself with code and such but works a little better for me this way.

8. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

Might want to post this question over on the website sub forum. So far you have gotten one good response and a bunch of really bad advice.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

No advice is bad unless you go through it yourself. Everybody experience is different.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

This subject has been discussed many times in the web forums. Some of the suggestions above would be akin to recommending that a guy buy a mower at Kmart to start his biz with. That's bad advice.
    Posted via Mobile Device