Websites

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by ctvalley, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

That's understandable but everybody has different situation. Some of us isn't fed with a golden spoon. Some have to crawl before they walk. I know I started from the very bottom and at some point I grew and continue to grow. That's all I'm saying.

But that's my opinion.....
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

And by George, that makes it right...
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Websites are great. Many people google you instead of phone books.

Don't over do it. Try to use real pics of your properties instead of stock photos.

I pay around $300/yr for hosting. Not sure what I paid for the site creation and design. 500-1000?

Great place for getting quote request and it is a customers first impression.

At some point I may try to use my site for payments or client log in for service history??

4. greenskeeper44

greenskeeper44 LawnSite Senior Member

I feel like investing in a website is the best thing you can do for your business if you want to grow ....get it optimized, mobile ready, and keep stuffing with content through a blog to keep it relevant...everyone is either on a tablet or smartphone and searches for just about everything before they buy.....no offense but the do it your self sites look cheap/ cheezy and if i was a potential customer not knowing anything about your business, a cheap website is a huge turn off

5. LawnsharkMB

LawnsharkMB LawnSite Senior Member

I have a couple websites I'm tinkering with. Godaddy is pretty easy for someone who's not very good with computers. This is my godaddy site- www.coastallc.com

Reading through the web site forum I've seen that godaddy isn't the best so I've also been working on a site through squarespace- www.lawn-care-myrtle-beach.com
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. LawnsharkMB

Once you get into optimizing your site for search engines I think squarespace is better but so far I've got my godaddy site to the first and second page on yahoo and bing for "lawn care myrtle beach" and "lawn care company myrtle beach".

7. ctvalley

ctvalley LawnSite Member

No offense.... I think your GoDaddy site is more appealing

8. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

Check them in mobile.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. LawnsharkMB

I like the look of the godaddy site better but the seo stuff I think is better on squarespace.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Anyone who has learned to build and rank their site (crawling and then walking) most definitely was not "fed with a golden spoon". The analogy makes so little sense that it's like me telling you that you mow straight stripes because you were fed with a golden spoon. The golden spoon metaphor means it was handed to you. As for the advice, well, the advice was simply not good. One person says Yahoo sites. Another says GoDaddy. Another pays an extra $24/month for SEO that would be just as useful if that money were to be set on fire and throw in to a river (I checked and came to this conclusion in less than 15 seconds). All 3 were given as recommendations, which, as well-intentioned as they were, the analogy of saying it's that they're the equivalent of buying your company mowers at K-Mart is...100% dead on.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014