Wedding Band

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by heygrassman, Apr 6, 2002.

1. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Is anyone else out there nervous about working with a wedding band on? I am getting a little nervous about losing a finger with the band getting caught on something.

Am I too paranoid?

jf

2. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Well, you could take it off, but if they wife gets a little upset about that you could wear gloves.

Hank

3. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

in the navy we considered this FOD i have personally seen a finger removed because of a wedding band. the rope fibers got caught in the band while we were mooring to the pier. when the boat shifted it took all the meat from the bone. TAKE IT OFF..

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Not a real smart move to wear one in our line of work...i would strongly suggest you remove it and then put it back on before you get home.

I'm sure the mrs. will understand...what she won't like is going to the emergency room one day to find you laying there without a finger or your wedding band.

just my 2 cents...it happened to a buddy of mine a couple of years ago.

5. toby

toby LawnSite Member
    from ontario

Allways take it off, especially if you hit the bar after work or at lunch.

6. gslam88

gslam88 LawnSite Member

Hey Grassman,

just remember this for the wife, its not the band around your finger that makes the commitment.

I stopped wearing mine a while ago, my wife understands that and we just passed our 7 year mark married.....

Pete

7. Turfer

Turfer LawnSite Member

I was working on my Walker when the Hopper decided to close while I had my hand firmly on the frame. I just about lost 3 fingers. I have not had my wedding band on since. The hopper clamped down hard on my ring finger. My wife suggested that I stop wearing it after this incident.

8. greensummer

greensummer LawnSite Member
    from canada

A current manager, from the now defunct Chemlawn Canada,
    refused to remove his wedding band. One day he decided to jump off the bed of a spray truck: ripped off his finger.

9. gslam88

gslam88 LawnSite Member

Let not talk about accidents jumping off trucks

Heard the story about a guy put a woden handled tamper on the ground by the truck... a guy jumps down.... and it landed right there...

needles to say he has not gone to the bathroom the same way since:blob3:

10. greensummer

greensummer LawnSite Member
    from canada

gslam88 said:

"Let not talk about accidents jumping off trucks"

Why not? It is a real life story. The purpose was to convey to all concerned to be careful! You obviously missed the point.