1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

weed and feed? granules or liquid

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Christian Brothers, May 1, 2009.

1. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Happens every time!

Use liquid weed control.
  2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I think you are taking this a little too far!

I don't see this as being embarassing to the Green Industry at all...it is just a difference of opinion. :dizzy:

That is like saying that if all the democrats got along with the republicans the world would be a much better place to live! It ain't gonna happen!

There is just a lot of emotion built into this site when organic people come over here. I am not sure why...but I feel the same way! Don't need to hear it and if I ever want to I will go to the organic site!

I have stated this many times and will once again....I don't have a problem with organic lawncare...just the tree huggers that try and cram it down my throat!
  3. Christian Brothers

Christian Brothers LawnSite Member

"lets help each other out. more of that and less argueing and we might be getting somewhere. imagine the green industry if we all just stopped debating and argueing."

i would like to here your thoughts on that, rcreech, please, if you dont mind. i mean lets face it. a third of the posters at least might not even know the question i originally posted. just debating with one another. i'm just saying, more time and energy could be spent helping one another. smittie has a point somewhat. everyone started at the bottom and everyone has asked someone for advice to get where they stand today. i dont think i overstated my concern. just my opinion anyway
  4. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Your answer was given very early on...you spray for weeds, not spread. It's a slam dunk, a no brainer.
  5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

What would you like to hear my thoughts on?
  6. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I may have missed a post or 2 but liquid is the way to go with pesticide.Granular for fertilizer. I think it is funny about how people try to find products they can use granular,organic etc to get past not having a license. It kinda gets old. How many people do you know ask questions like if I pull the car out of the garage and it is on my own property do I need a drivers license? Probally none. I think people should just quit trying to get around the licensing fact and avoid the grey areas and get a license.If you want to make money at it just learn it and be done. Why waste time of trying to figure out what is on the EPA exempt list?

My 2 cents
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

HUH??? Could you explain, please?:dizzy:
  8. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

Pesticides require a license. There is no doubt we agree on that. It must be the word "synthetics." I have not heard or used that word to describe pesticides, only a class of fertilizers. In Michigan, at least, you do not need a license to apply fertilizers - synthetic or organic - that do not contain pesticides.

If this is something other than a misunderstanding or possibly a disagreement over the meaning of synthetics, then I am lost.
  9. AmGreen

AmGreen LawnSite Senior Member

same in nc. no license required for fert, just pesticides.
  10. AmGreen

AmGreen LawnSite Senior Member

but why ask an opinion from someone that doesn't even apply what you apply or do what you do. seems like you would have asked someone in the organic section...