1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

weed and feed now???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by crc13, Sep 11, 2006.

1. crc13

crc13 LawnSite Member
    from 54313

I am in Wisconsin and used scott's weed and feed in spring. The crap does not work. Can I put some more on now? I stil lhave quite a few weeds. I found a lesco dealer near me, their products are better. Thanks.
  2. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

scott's weed and feed is crap. the trick with these type of pelletized products is applying the crap in the morning or when the weeds have some moisture on them so the weed part of the product can cling to them and work. if you have a lesco nearby and you really want to get rid of your broadleaf weeds then go get a liquid broadleaf control product such as Momentum or 3-Way. These are really easy to use with a backpack sprayer or hand held sprayer. All you have to do is read the label and mix the products with the proper amount of water. Then go take care of those weeds and stay the hell away from Scott's Weed and Feed crap. did I mention it was crap?
  3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

good advice from mrkosar on the liquid weed-control, it works much better than the granular. and now is actually the best time of year to get you weeds under control.