weed and feed

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by texaslandscaper, Apr 5, 2006.

1. texaslandscaper

texaslandscaper LawnSite Member

how much would be fair to charge to apply weed and feed on about 1300 sq feet?:confused: When is the best time to apply?

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

when you study to take the test for your application license, you will learn all the information you need

3. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

I would charge 30 min. in my area. In my area pre-em right now or atleast when the snow stops. post-em late may/early june

4. trackgimp

trackgimp LawnSite Member

In follow-up to Dave, you should probably charge enough to pay for any fines that you get slapped with plus the cost of the weed & feed.

5. daveintoledo

in most cases the fines are enough to shut you down for good.....its very inexpensive to get a license....and people do get cought, all the time... sometimes there competition even turns them it... its public knowledge on he state websites who is licensed....

6. daveintoledo

people decide they are going into lawncare, but dont do any research on the subject, or have any practical experience...they just go and charge whatever and do whatever.....

this is one of the reasons this profession is looked down on......not you specifically texas... lots of guys....

just go to the state ag web site and get started... its easy..

7. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

they are correct that you should get lic and people(compitition) might turn you in. If it's your only one and your kind of out of the way I would say it's your call. If you do it on a regular basis get the lic. and look into ins. Not sure if ins. is required but probably good to have.