Weed Barrier

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by DJLS, Mar 13, 2012.

1. DJLS

DJLS LawnSite Member

When you buy a rool of weed barrier a 250 foot roll. How would u charge this to a customer. Like so much a foot and what would a fair pirce be?

2. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I charge by the sq foot I go off retail price

3. Kartanimal29

Kartanimal29 LawnSite Member
    from Ct.

Just use Preen

4. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

I would suggest to never waste your time or your customers time/money with this material. It does not work. The weeds will grow thru this material and on top of it. Only use mulch and a herbicide that will control the weeds in your part of the world, if your not licensed to apply herbicide get licensed or hire someone that is.
    easy-lift guy

5. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Stuff wont grow thru it only root down thru it
    You worried about wasting the customer money Mulch is a big waste of money has to be replace every year to keep a nice color
    ues weed barrier with preen and rock it

6. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

I do not worry about wasting my customers money. My customers have placed their trust in my knowledge and experience regarding the use of products that work and do not work. I am sure that using a pre emergent such as preen how ever many times a year will be another solution as well, assuming your licensed to apply said material?. Weeds will grow on top of weed barrier fabric and thru it as well. I have seen it to many times to be convinced otherwise.
    easy-lift guy

7. Snyder's Lawn Inc

weeds wont grow thru it but yes seedlands on top will root thru the material
    In all new big landscape projects its inthe spec's calls for it
    I like it keeps stuff from sinking into the dirt I do a lot of rock beds and some mulch beds with it under mulch or rock you can clean the beds with out digging in dirt
    Weed barrier Im talking about you cant buy it at a Box Store