weed be gone

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by BobCat#1, Jul 20, 2006.

1. BobCat#1

BobCat#1 LawnSite Member

How many containers of the ortho weed b gone in the spray that u hook up to water hose would it take to do 2 acres?I think i read on the bottle one would cover 2500 sq.feet,i think.Thanks

2. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

If YOUR numbers are right 36 is how many you'll need to do 2 acres.:dizzy:

3. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

You may come out cheaper, and you will definately get a much better job done if you hire a professional. Their application equipment will be much better than a water hose. I am sure some of the members here are in you area. Do you even have enough hose to reach across two acres?

4. BobCat#1

BobCat#1 LawnSite Member

miscalculate.The container says it would cover 16,000 sq.feet

5. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

If you do that on your lawn, it may be dead.

6. BobCat#1

BobCat#1 LawnSite Member

we do have two acres,but time you count our house and some storage buildings,it's not exactely two acres.

7. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, you may want to measure or have someone measure the turf areas then.

I get that from walk up estimates all the time. "My lot is 120x300 and the property your on is a double lot." Response: "Yes, I know, but you have a house, pool, shed and swingset, so I still have to measure the TURF areas I will be treating." "Why? I just told you how big it is."

Eeesh...

8. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

You can buy a gallon of concetrated herbicide for 20-30 bucks usually will cover 2 acres. Get a backpack or hand can, couple cold beers walk the lawn and spot spray.