Weed control fabric

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Mowing Mike, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Mowing Mike

Mowing Mike LawnSite Member

Does anyone know where I can get the weed control fabric in larger rolls? I have only seen it in 3 ft wide sections I s there any where that has wide sections. I need to cover an area about 200ft long and 35ft wide. It will be covered with rock but it will have plants in the area also. Any help are suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks mike

2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

call john deere landscapes. they have it in up to 12' rolls. the nursery grade 20 year is about $150.00 for a 12'X300'

3. Mowing Mike

Thanks!

Mike

4. Neal Wolbert

Neal Wolbert LawnSite Senior Member

The fabric will not provide weed control for more than a season or two at the most. Why bother? Use some pre before you install the rock and put them on a plant care and weed control program. Fabric is never the answer for the long term in my opinion. Neal

5. Mowing Mike

Because it is what the customer wants.

Thanks Mike

6. bnl

bnl LawnSite Member

Mike,
    Coor Farm Supply in Smithfield sells it in 15' wide rolls too... as well as Jeffrey's Seed company in Goldsboro. I know these locations are a good distance from you, but they run deliveries all over the state, and I am sure Coor will piggy back your roll or two if they have something headed your way. If you need contact info for either of these places, send me a private message. Also, I'm not sure if Jeffrey's has other locations in the state, but I think they may. Check them out.

7. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

You need to add Snapshot to help with the weed control

:)

8. Lance720

Lance720 LawnSite Member

We regularly install what I believe is called geotec fabric. I looks like gray fiberglass matting. It works increadably well. The landscape fabrics we have tried have all failed (regardless of cost)