Weed control/Fertilizer or no account?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by GoldnGreenLandscaper, Nov 27, 2012.

1. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Then your costs are out of control or your prices are wrong, or both.

Whether you have 20 customers that order soup to nuts and you bill them 2 hrs a week ea, or you have 40 customers that just want a ham sandwich at 1 hr a week does not matter because either way you are going to be biling for 40 hrs a week total.

2. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

The big companies are there for profit only, that's probably why you can't pick which channels you want from Dish or Directv.

3. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I would say any company operating without profit in mind is doomed!

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Of course any company HAS to have profit in mind because that is why a company is in business. How you go about your business to make that profit is what makes or breaks you. I know I have the edge of personal service to the people who value personal service. If they want to customize an application program I am happy to do that and they are happy to pay. A large national company is in the marketing business and they are very successful. It is a franchise and they have a certain market that likes that arrangement. Knowing your market and giving them what they want makes you valueable to them. You cannot be all things to all people. So I may not have all the business but I have defined my business to attract a certain market and I am more than happy to make a profit from doing what they want.

5. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

some people dont want to use harmful chemicals on their lawns
    and that is a growing realization