Weed Control in Perennial Ryegrass...

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC, Apr 28, 2012.

1. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm attaching a couple pics of a new property I have, looks to me like Poa, any ideas on treatment methods, herbicides, pre-m's, etc... I haven't dealt with this too much before, so any help, ideas, advice would be great, Thank You...

Lawn Issue2.jpg

Lawn Issue1.jpg

2. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

3. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

Roundup and reseed. They have products like Pro Grass etc that claim to kill poa but I believe most also attack rye and some fescues.

Plus it's expensive as heck. Roundup machine seed done. Cheap, available product and easy.

4. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

From what I've heard Poa control requires a consistent pre-M app. a few times per year, has anyone used an effective Post type control of Poa to kill off whats existing??

5. all things green

all things green LawnSite Member

you might wanna try certainty, i believe it's labeled for it along with a host of other things...does stunt good grasses , though. Be careful...

6. MarkSupply

MarkSupply LawnSite Member

I have seen good results with Tenacity Hebicide, but it does take a couple of weeks.

7. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

Ok, thanks for the tips, I will research those products.... As I type just looked up Certainty and its $100 for 1.25 oz... ouch...

8. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

Tenacity says Suppresion as a Pre-M and NO for Post-em on Poa, and Certainty is listed for Warm Season turf, and we have almost exclusively Cool Season Perennial Ryegrass here in Southern Oregon, so maybe I just need to call my local Pesticide Dealer and see what they recommend....

9. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

10. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

Is that one of those products sold in 1oz. packets and its 1 packet per gallon of water??