Weed control in stone areas

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Scott's Lawn Maintenance, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Scott's Lawn Maintenance

Scott's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

I received a request to control weeds in a stone area, the area is large a
    few thousand square feet. Is there a pre emergent I can use or would it be
    better to wait and treat post emergent ?

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Gallery + Barricade, expensive at first, but you will not have to go back and RoundUp several times per year. Besides, why do something a DIYer can do? As soon as you are done spraying this, water it into the gravel without causing runoff. This is what I do here in weed-infested paradise and it is a rare day that I am spraying RoundUp anywhere.

3. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

Scotts

What greendoctor said will definitely work but it also depends on the type of account that you have. Most of our accounts are reactive in nature. If they want you to work after weeds have been established then what we use is a product called sahara it is a five month control product. Hope this helps

4. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

I was not sure if it was an industrial non-crop area, or if there were ornamentals and their root zones in the area to be sprayed. The imazapyr in Sahara will kill trees if it gets to their roots. Very good stuff, so I think twice and a third time before spraying it.