weed control in stone driveway

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by JML, Dec 2, 2001.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

I have a customer with a very large stonedriveway. What kind of application would you recommend using. Spot spraying with round-up is too time consuming and the area is to big.. thanks

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

JML

There was a post about this a month or so ago. One very good point brought up was leaching or run off of ground sterlizers. It is not cool to have the lawn or trees die out were the sterlizer has translocated to. I have found that pre-emerge mixed with round-up will cut down on retreats and can use this mix in planting beds as well. Any thing I spray on a regular bases I have a sprayer for, nothing else gets mixed in that backpack, tank,etc. You might want to try a 12volt 15--25 gallon spot sprayer and set it on your mower. You can buy them for around $100.00 and even use them on weeds in planting beds. Good Luck

3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

What's your definition of "too big"? My driveway at home is stone and measures ~ 150' from street to house not including parking area. I can spray that in 15 minutes with a backpack sprayer of round-up. Totl area is probably around 2000 sq. ft. and it only needs done maybe twice a season. I spray everything as opposed to spot spraying. The prayer will leave a 3' swath so it's up the drive way and down 3 times.

4. turf13

turf13 LawnSite Member

Try mixing Roundup with Gallery and some grassy weed pre-m(Surflan,Pre-M,etc.). Gallery controls many broadleaf weeds and is labeled for turf.

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Turf13 how yellow is your driveway?? Pennant doesn't stain

6. turf13

turf13 LawnSite Member

Neither does Ronstar or Dimension but I just said etc. to give an idea.