1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

weed control/killer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by straightlinelawns, Mar 24, 2004.

1. straightlinelawns

straightlinelawns LawnSite Member

what do you guys put in your back pack sprayers to spot kill weeds in yards and flower beds? broad leaf killer? round-up? also what backpack spray do yall use?i am looking for something that is concentrated so i can mix with water and put in the sprayer and when i see weeds i can spray them. thanks
  2. laborador

laborador LawnSite Member

Check this page out. This is what I use and it is cheaper getting here then at your local stores. Be carefull not to step in this stuff or you will leave dead grass foot prints.

3. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

You do not want to use a non selecetive herbicide such as round up on a lawn. It will kill the grass as well as the weed. OK for bed areas where you may have weeds and grass. For lawns, you need a selective herbicide, that will not harm the grass. Personally, for broadleaf weed control, I use 2-4-D. There are some grasses that you can't use this on, such as Bent Grass. If you are not licensed to apply chemicals, you should not be using anything!!
  4. laborador

laborador LawnSite Member

Sorry that I did not mentioned you should not use quick pro roundup on the grass, I use it strictly for plant beds and I tell the customer that I can not controll the weeds in the yard.
  5. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

Shindawa backpack sprayers are the best.
  6. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

Really? WHY?.....................
  7. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

You need a Applicator license for what you want to do. Get your license and then you will know what to use.
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

LOL .... and what kind of backpack sprayers are the best.....:rolleyes: