1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Weed control -need help!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by stumped, May 14, 2006.

1. stumped

stumped LawnSite Member

I take care of the grounds where I work. Last year they had to have the yard dug up sewer problem, they tore up 75% of it!!!:angry: They (the company doing the digging) then hydro-seeded it. 80% weeds/20% actual grass.
    I used Scott's weed and feed to try to get a start on fixing it. The weeds are winning having been well feed. I should have just wiped out the whole thing with Roundup and started with good seed. How much weed killer can I use, how often, and what do you recommend?
  2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

1. what kind of weeds are we talking about?

if its broadleaf weeds which i am sute it is knowing what time of the year it is and were you are from..then treat the area with broadleaf weed control

2. all on this board can help you do it right...post a picture of the area...
    with out seeing the area
    seeding should be done in august till late september:weightlifter:
  3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

you will have better results with a liquid 3 way weed control than you got with the granular.
  4. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

How much area ?
  5. stumped

stumped LawnSite Member

It's a broad-leaf alright, about 100 of them make up one whole spot in the lawn:laughing: I think it's pig weed, not really up one my weeds sorry, also a ton of dandelions.
    If I do manage to kill these suckers off, then what will keep the yard from eroding if I don't reseed???
  6. stumped

stumped LawnSite Member

roughly 1/2 acre give or take