Weed control on a lake's bank?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by andyslawncare, Jun 27, 2011.

1. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

What is the best and legal method to control weeds along the bank of a lake?

Which products work best?
  2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Your Study Guide for your Aquatic License Test should have all that information.
  3. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

I suggest you don't use Imprelis.
  4. pieperlc

pieperlc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Spruces don't grow well in water anyway. (Now picture one of those smiley things laughing)

Hey, I've been hit with the imprelis/spruce bug and I can finally laugh about it.

Posted via Mobile Device
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Aqua Neat
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Blazerfb

Blazerfb LawnSite Member

I second Aquaneat. Great stuff
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I hope you all know Aquaneat is nothing more than Glyphosate without a surfactant. It is very much like Monsanto's "Aquamaster" Formally Know as "Rodeo" The big difference is Nufarm out sources their chemical production so Aquaneat is actually made in China.

There are several Aquatic Glyphosate on the market and most are in fact made by Monsanto and sold under generic names. Aqua Star is the Generic I use but there are many others. For best performance, Use 0.25% or great MSO surfactant. On hard to control ponds or first time applications I recommend 4 oz of glyphosate per gallon. Cattails may require multiply application over a period of time in order to control them.
  8. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Isn't the question about spraying weeds on the lawn, that is the 'bank' of the lake?

The Wisco liscencing handbook never discusses the issue, so the typical broadleaf should be useable right to the water's edge...
  9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

You haven't read or understood the Roundup/glyphosate label. Because of the surfactant in Glyphosate, it is not labelled for any drainage areas. Therefore not for use on the bank of a Lake unless it is Aquatic labelled which mean it doesn't have the normal surfactant.

IN EDIT WEEDAR 64 is labelled for aquatic weed control. It is 2,4-D or a broad leaf control.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  10. Blazerfb

Blazerfb LawnSite Member

Runoff dude, whatever you use there it will leach right into the lake.
    Posted via Mobile Device