Weed control program (Dallas, Tx area)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by landcruiser, Mar 23, 2002.

1. landcruiser

landcruiser LawnSite Member
    from Tx

I live in Dallas area and need advice on getting control of weeds in my yard. The yard is 17 years old (established well) with 95% Bermuda grass, the other 5% is St. Augustine under 2 live oak trees. I have some crabgrass, and probably 6-8 different kinds of broadleaf weeds, none of which are "dominating" any part of the yard. All these weeds and pesty grasses, although not heavy, are growning consistent in with my Bermuda grass. I applied a HI-Yield crabgrass and broadleaf weed control (bought at ACE hardware) in early Feb. Will this do the trick? If not what will? Should my first application of fert. be some type of "weed and feed"? After that, for my regular fert. is the Texas Lawn Fert. sold at Home Depot good for general fert. throughout the summer season? Thanks for any suggestions.

2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Hire a licensed applicator to do a year long program. He will analyse your situation and recomend the proper treatments. Good luck

Mark