Weed control with Perma Green

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by blalawn, Sep 16, 2006.

1. blalawn

blalawn LawnSite Member
    from Indy

I just bought my Perma Green last week, the 2006 Magnum. I was adjusting the spray nozzles and watching the spray patterns. The spray droplets looks like it would miss some of leaves during an application. Perma Green owners are you getting great results with this machine spraying weeds. Any feed back would be great.

2. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I am getting excellent results. Spraying 12 gals per acre across pavement you will notice that coverage is not 100%. However weeds get concentrated drops and get enough herbicide. I spray at 4.5 gal/acre with some of my boom sprayers. I see no reduction in weed control, maybe even a little better. Calibrate your permagreen.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

make sure you run some water through it, and take it out on dry cement or blacktop to test the pattern. you have to dial it in to make sure you have an even amount all the way across the arc. This includes the overlap and edges. Everytime you take your nozzles off to clean them, you have to repeat this. It is IMPORTANT that these nozzles be right on. Remember - there is angle, and arc (turning the nozzles left to right).

4. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Be sure to run a surfactant with your herbicide to ensure better adhesions to the leaves and enhance weed control. It's cheap insurance.

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

watch how much sticker u add u can clog it up and the pattern is a little skechy at best

6. blalawn

blalawn LawnSite Member
    from Indy

Thanks for the replys. I'll hold off the surfactant. I used speedzone for the first time this spring. WOW!! NO surfactant needed at all. I have tweaked the nozles and think I have the best pattern. Thanks again.

7. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

I've been using 1 qt./100 Lesco sticker in my nurse tank with good results and no problems, but....I used a surfactant from Prosource earlier this year called Preference at 1 qt. and it plugged the **** out of every screen. Trial and error! Marc

8. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

watch the speedzone, it will take your pump out. call permagreen and they have a list of herbicides that are not accepable for use in the pumps. as far as surfactants, your running a pretty hot load of product to start with, adding a surfac. makes it even hotter. i run trimec 992, triplet sp, and mec-d and don't have any problems with control. i will use chaser (ester, low vol) in the fall on a few lawns that have the hard to kill weeds, but even their i'm taking chances of smoking a pump. esters are hard on the pumps. jmo

9. mhvt

mhvt LawnSite Member

while we have some experienced Permagreen operators here, I have a few questions, too. I got a mangum this year, and didn't care for the spray coverage. Anyone try any different nozzles? Also, anyone here of any way to get some agitation in the tank? Otherwise, I'm very happy with the machine. Beats the hell out of dragging 300' of hose behind a condo umteen times a day!

10. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Tie the throttle on full, I use a releasable Zip tie hold WOT and it agitates.
    I do this while filling.