Weed Control

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mattingly, Jan 20, 2000.

1. CLM1

CLM1 LawnSite Member

I use PROFESSIONAL PREEN and get excellent results. Drawback is that it is pricy. I spot treat w/a spray bottle of round-up mixed w/scythe.(i'm not using spell ck.)

2. RoundUp around tree trunks is okay. Be very careful around shrubs and perennials. Even with no visible drift or damage, vapors or drift can be absorbed by the foliage and translocated to the roots. The next season's foliage will be twisted and with white variegation. The plant will recover in later season's, but will you recover your customer?!

3. tim

tim LawnSite Member

One more question about Snapshot. How much area will a 50 lbs bag cover?

4. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Coverage on Snapshot: label gives application rates of 2.3# to 4.6#/1000 sqft, for various weeds. Ex: if crabgrass is main problem, just use 2.3#, dandelion controlled at 3.5#, but need to go up to 4.6# for good spurge control. All details at http://www.dowagro.com/turf/weed_management/snapshot.htm<p>----------<br>Jim<br>South Bend, IN

5. Dingo

Dingo LawnSite Member
    from TN

If you are renovation beds what is a really good spray pre-em or is the granular products better? thanks<br>Dingo

6. TPC

TPC LawnSite Member
    from florida

ok what plants can a pre m kill..I dabble a bit with atrazine 4L but heard from someone that it can kill palm trees..is that true or what,,and what have you found it will kill(trial and error)?????<p>Tim<br>Clean Cut Lawn Care

7. Dingo

Dingo LawnSite Member
    from TN

Hey Tim thats pretty cool both our lawn services are called &quot;Clean Cut Lawn Care&quot; and we are both dump as **** at spraying.<br>Dingo

8. TPC

TPC LawnSite Member
    from florida

accutualy i dont spray it any more because i was scared of it so thats why i asked but where are you at????<br>

9. Dingo

Dingo LawnSite Member
    from TN

Memphis, TN