Weed Control

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care

Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from NC

I am starting my second year in the lawn care industry. During my first year I have gained 0 commercial accounts (didn't try for them), about 40 regular residential accounts and around 10 customers who call me when they can't get around to it themselves. Quite a few of my residential customers are asking me about weed control. I used an Ortho product for post emergent broad leaf weeds last year that worked pretty well, however I would like some advice on a pre-emergent for broad leaf weeds as well as advice for pre and post emergents for weeds OTHER than broad leaf. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Oasis-Outdoor

Oasis-Outdoor LawnSite Member

Chill,

You might repost your questions in the Pesticide, Herbicide and Fertilizer Application section of this site. They can give you a lot of good information. Bear in mind, here in Kansas you have to get an applicators license through the Dept. of Agriculture if you are commercially applying these products. I assume there is some sort of licensure requirements everywhere. Sorry couldn't directly answer your questions. Good luck!

3. Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care

Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from NC

Thanks Oasis. New to this site and didn't see that section! I appreciate the guidance.