1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Weed eater chaps?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by UNIQUElawncare, Sep 10, 2013.

1. UNIQUElawncare

UNIQUElawncare LawnSite Member

where is the best place to find those weed trimming chaps to keep your legs from getting chewed up and keep your pants cleaner? Online is fine but would rather find a store here in Kentucky.

2. TuffTurfLawnCare

TuffTurfLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Light weight chain saw chaps?

3. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

This is dirty work. I don't expect to stay clean. I'm not a banker. If I'm not dirty at the end of the day ibdidnt work hard enough. Plus its hot enough, why add more clothes?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly. If I came home clean my wife would start questioning me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

BS. Being dirty doesn't prove anything. No need to get whacked in the shins for no reason. Besides, I get plenty dirty from the crap blowing out from under the deck, the BP etc....

My wife made mine out of a set of blue jeans pant legs. They slide on and off in seconds and they keep the gouges to the shins to a minimum and the crap outta my shoes.

6. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

You guys talking about your shins. Do you ware shorts or pants. I never get nailed with stuff when waring pants.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I wear shorts when it's hot out. I prefer long pants for this line of work, but I can't always stand to have them on.

8. ncpete

ncpete LawnSite Senior Member

When I am doing a really, really nastily overgrown yard, the chainsaw chaps come out, regardless of whether I am wearing shorts or pants (wear long pants most of the time - like to reduce my exposure to lawsuits from accidents caused by my damn-sexy legs). I don't use a guard on my trimmer now.

9. BCL Services

BCL Services LawnSite Member

chaps.........easy does it cowboy. Don't you know your shins are supposed to bleed after string trimming like a real man. :)

10. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I've heard it all now! lol