Weed Eater Lawn Mower

Discussion in 'Magna-Matic' started by Dennis Davis, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Dennis Davis

Dennis Davis LawnSite Member

I sharpened my first Weed Eater lawn mower the other day. It was a bit different from most that I have done. The blade was stamped "French" on it and one side was typical of a mulching blade, but the other side was more of a flat blade. I sharpened the mulching side first, then scratched my head as to how I was going to do the other side. Luckily, I had read on the forum that the MM8000 can just be turned around and the blade sharpened from the back side. Worked great, customer satisfied and money in the bank. I do wonder why the blade is sharpened on a side that doesn't come in contact with the grass? I'm getting more and more customers and all are saying that they see a difference in the appearance of their lawns after using a freshly sharpened blade.

2. Magna-Matic

Magna-Matic Sponsor

Hello Dennis,

Thanks for your post. I sounds like this blade has a left-handed edge if you came in from the pulley side of the MAG-8000. Yes there are some very very odd blades out there, and they change almost every year sometimes.

Thank you,

3. Dennis Davis

Dennis Davis LawnSite Member

Hi Gerd,

Yes, it was a bit different than most blades. I did sharpen the mulching side in the normal fashion, then, as you state, the straight side had to be done from the pulley side. I was glad that I had read all the previous posts so I knew what I needed to do to finish the job.

Thanks for a great product.

Dennis in Boise, Idaho