Weed Eater Line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowerUp, Apr 2, 2000.

1. MowerUp

MowerUp LawnSite Member
    from NC

What diameter & brand of weed eater line do you like best & why?<br>

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I use &quot;weed terminator&quot;. .095 (I think) for most applications. it's good stuff. works great.<p>GEO

3. MowerUp

MowerUp LawnSite Member
    from NC

Is that round or square/ hex <br>Where do you get it?<br>

4. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

I USE DIAMOND EDGE .095,IT'S SQUARE LINE AND WEARS GOOD.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We use Echo .095. If forget what it's called, but it has several sides to it that are sharp and cuts nice. You have to be careful when stringing the stuff or it will cut you.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

6. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I tried the square kind my friend told me about & it sucks. I went back to the triangular shaped line from Shakespeare. They sell it at Walmart of all places. It's red & I use the .090 for my stihl FS-85. The 60* angles are sharper than the 90* on a square. Also tried the + type with 10-15 edges; frayed apart too easily, & the tiny edges rounded off quickly.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

7. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

mowerup--the .095 weed terminator line isn’t exactly square because it has angles on the edges. I usually buy in bulk at home depot, of course.<p>HOMEOWNER TIP--all of us in the business know you can't save money by trying to conserve trimmer line. you have to feed line at a constant rate or you aren't getting a good cut or worse...the line will break at the head and you have to stop trimming and take the thing apart to re-string.<p>I worked at home depot for a (very short)while in the last millennium and all the homeowners would come in with the problems as described above.<p>feed line on a regular basis and 99 percent of trimmer troubles are history.<p>happy trimming to all!<p>GEO