Weed-eater or Edger???????

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by DillonsLawnCare, Jul 21, 2007.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

i wanted to see who really thinks an edger is necessary. who thinks a weedeater will work just as fine?

2. daysel

daysel LawnSite Member
    from TEXAS

Every once in a while or for first timers I use one to get a nice deep edge. Then I just maintain it with a string trimmer.

3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I use both depending on the location & obstacles. If I'm along a busy street or around an area w/ rocks, I use the edger so I don't end up paying for some glass.

4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I use an edger for pretty much all my edging, it is just so much easier to make a nice edge.

5. texpro

texpro LawnSite Member

edger cleaner cut more profesionalmakes the yards i dont mow look messy

6. daysel

daysel LawnSite Member
    from TEXAS

What kind of edgers are ya using?

7. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I use an edger because of the nicer look and with the power that the Stihl FC110 has I think it is faster than a trimmer.

8. texpro

texpro LawnSite Member

same stilh fc110 lots o pep

9. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Only the newbie's use sting trimmers all of the time. Everyone around here uses the tanaka. They stopped making them for a few years and a lot of them grew legs because they were so beloved.

10. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have always used my trimmer but if I could afford one I would get it to do the first initial edge then mantain with trimmer.