Weed-eater or Edger???????

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by DillonsLawnCare, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Loadsmasher

Loadsmasher LawnSite Member

I use a Redmax edger for edging.

2. lawnenvy

lawnenvy LawnSite Member

Lawn care business is about being efficient, while also offering quality service. Using a stick edger gives a better, more consistent edge along concrete curbs, sidewalks, driveways, etc. You will also be able to complete your work faster. Use a string trimmer for edging natural or hard to reach edges. Stick edgers do not work well if you don't have something solid to run against. Strig trimmers can give you the versatility where you need it. In my opinion, both stick and string edgers are a necessity.

3. Tuna3679

Tuna3679 LawnSite Member

Edger to create the edge then maintain with a trimmer held upside down and above my shoulder. And I always have my guys use edgers on apt. complexes and whatnot it just saves time.

4. april n may, every week the edger.

june, july, august, september, october, november, and part of december RIP thru it with the trimmer.

half an hour extra for 8 weeks then half an hour less for 6 months

5. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I almost always use an edger

6. chavezkm

chavezkm LawnSite Member

Stick edger first cut of the month, then line trimmer to maintain through the rest of the month. Keeping this cycle going through season provides a great manicured look for the customers IMO!

7. Craig3

Craig3 LawnSite Member

stick edger- cleaner edge @ a faster pace