1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

weed eater/string trimmer?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Andy_, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Andy_

Andy_ LawnSite Member

I am looking to get a new weed eater. What brand/models do you prefer?
  2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

husky! light and powerfull. reliable so far -2nd season.
  3. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Husqvarna is my choice. Very light, good performance, and dependable.
  4. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

We use all Echo trimmers, blowers, hedge clippers and they work great for us.

Excellent dealer support, great products excellent power to weight ratio etc....

We have had several of our trimmers for 4 or 5 years now and they still are going strong. (SRM-2601's and SRM-260S's)
  5. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax all the way. If you search "redmax trimmer" you will find the same thing as I am telling you. Get the BCZ2400S or BCZ2600S if you are just doing lawns and brush occasionally or "the beast" the BCZ3000S if you really need the power or are just related to Tim Allen.:D I have the 2600 and 3000 and they beat every other trimmer I have ever owned in every way (that includes Husqvarna and Stihl.) Hope you are happy with whatever you buy!!:drinkup:
  6. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

They have machines that "Eat Weeds?" I should replace my String trimmers with them so I don't have to spray any more of those nasty chemicals.

7. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC LawnSite Member

I'm enjoying my New Dolmar and my dealer has offered me a great deal on a second one.
    It's fun being able to power through anything.
    I'll buy it next month if he still has it.
  8. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I am considering RedMax BCZ3000s or a Honda HHT35 35cc 4 cycle trimmer, which one last longer and trouble free? Should I kick in Stihl FS100 into the mix?
  9. DavidR

DavidR LawnSite Member

I have had pretty good luck with my FS110. I'm a homeowner and have been using it for almost two years without any maintenance.
  10. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

stihl makes a few homeowner string trimmer. price not to bad but well worth it....