Weed eating job.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ohbuckhunter, Aug 27, 2013.

1. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Anyone else notice the figure 8 track on the property?

2. ohbuckhunter

ohbuckhunter LawnSite Member

I do listen. And I came on here to ask ? Before I made the mistake of underbidding. I appreciate you giving me the prices you gave me. I get 60$ a hour for mowing. You are right on charging more for just running a trimmer all day. Thank you.

3. ohbuckhunter

Some of the sections has briers. Some of its 2 foot grass. Some of its thick weeds.

4. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

4-6 hours..... not to hijack the thread but how do some of you guys get $60 to $90 for a labor rate :confused:

5. ohbuckhunter

I've always got 60$ a hour when I bid jobs. I don't tell them what my hourly rate is but that's what I use when figuring a job. I'm a solo guy with a helper on occasions. If I need a helper than I charge ocordinally

6. Ormond32176

Ormond32176 LawnSite Member

Get someone who isn't afraid of a little hard work to help you out cheap, you'll get it done in no time.

7. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

I meant straight labor, a guy with a hand/power tool. Our 50k MTL bills out at $80-$110 with operator and that is at the high end of the market. If I bid on a job (shoveling, weeding or trimming) and figured it at $60-$90 per hour, and told them the price was high because the job was labor intensive, I'd be out of business pretty quick.

8. ohbuckhunter

I put the bid in at 325$. I felt I could get it done in 3 hours. With 2 guys with the equipment I have to use.

9. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris LawnSite Senior Member

You're welcome. I just would have for you to do so much work and only get paid a portion of what you can really make.

10. BandBLawncare

BandBLawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

What part of ohio