Weed/Grass Mowing @ 12"

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Outdoor Services, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Outdoor Services

Outdoor Services LawnSite Senior Member

Needs some ideas on prices for mowing weed/grass for city lots that are ----- in size. The grass will be 12" high at each mowing per city laws.. Required to mow down to 3-4" complete. Mow and trim... about 200 properties.

Here the pricing brake down...

Strandard city lot 30'x100' with home $____
    Standard city lot 30'x100' no bldg $___
    Special property cost per 100 square feet excluding bldgs$_____

2. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

Why would anyone want to bid on this?? are you mowing it with a bush hog?? DO NOT MOW with a zero turn. Not only will will shorten your mower life because of the extra strain of tall grass, but you have no Idea what's in there at 12". You'll be mowing over stuff left and right. I've seen colleges and some citys mow at this height but that is with there equipment, never a professional lawn service.

3. Outdoor Services

Outdoor Services LawnSite Senior Member

4. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

oh, ok. I was just making sure. not many on here will have experience with this sort of thing. it would help if you listed exactly the equipment you'll be using. I charge 60 per hour for 45hp 4x4 tractor and 6' bush hog. Bush hogging prices very widely regionally. If you've been doing this for awhile you should know how long it takes you and how much you charge per hour and then just discount it say 10% if there all right close together?