Weed Help

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by gregory, Aug 7, 2007.

1. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i need some weed help i know what kind of weed it is but don't know what will kill it..i am sure ric is out there somewhere and he can tell me maybe others on here will know also...the weeds are
    ALEXANDERGRASS
    SMALLFLOWERED ALEXANDERGRASS
    CROWFOOT GRASS
    GOOSEGRASS
    CREEPING CHARLIE(don't know if thats what it is a old timer told me it was yrs ago)

maybe 3 way?

also ric tks for stopping by a few weeks ago i did what you said and the yard looks alot better...its almost looking like it did a few years ago...

2. gregory

forgot to say what kind of grass i have its St. Augustine Floratam

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Karl

Atrazine is both a post and pre emerge herbicide. It will control Alexander Grass and Creeping Charlie post emerge. The other grassy weeds can be controlled pre-emerge with Atrazine and other Pre emerge during the year.

However I do have some very special herbicide that you can not buy, that will control all those weeds post emerge. If you only have a few you might want to go the Atrazine route and gain control by next year. BTW you will need to apply a pre emerge every 60 day to keep them under control. Atrazine is only labelled to be applied twice a year. Therefore you must use another pre emerge the rest of the year. Weed & Feed with atrazine will give you better long term control than spray. You will need the Long Term control of Weed & Feed to control those weeds.

4. gregory

tks ric....what would you recommend for a pre m ?

5. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

ric, whats the name of this chem. for st aug grass?

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Bug Guy

If I told you, We would both know.

7. bug-guy

funny i thought that's what this forum was for sharing thoughts, ideas and knowledge!

8. LawnDawg65

LawnDawg65 LawnSite Member

As much as you post on here do you have time to make a living? Me I am small time - you can check out my operation at www.candbcustomlawns.com.
    Just wondering why you give everyone a hard time?

9. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

read in people, rics trying to hint at a special herbicide from days gone by...

10. bug-guy

lawndog sorry that my post O-fend you and i was not aware i was giving anyone a hard time.
    just because i don't ... forget it