Weed I.D. help

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by FL-lawnjockey, Jul 1, 2007.

1. FL-lawnjockey

FL-lawnjockey Banned

I need help identifying a few weeds. They shouldn't be hard as they seem to be pretty common around here (west central FL)

I know...There's more than a few in these pictures but the ones I'm most interested in are the two with flowers (blue, pink) and the other woody stemmed one...that sometimes seems to have a taproot from hell.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Rob

DSC_5554.jpg

DSC_5555.jpg

DSC_5556.jpg

DSC_5558.jpg

2. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

hopefully ric will stop by he will be your best bet ...i am going to guess and say #1 is spreading dayflower.....the others don't know....

3. DSTC

DSTC LawnSite Member

i don't know the weed, but if you don't mind telling me what camera you're using I think I might like to pick on of those up :)

4. A.T.A.K

A.T.A.K LawnSite Senior Member

The blue flower is spreading day flower not sure on the other two but will have the answer in the morning when I get to my office unless ric beats me to it.

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Left to right

Pink Parsley

Spreading Day Flower

Roundleaf Spurge

6. FL-lawnjockey

FL-lawnjockey Banned

A million thanks, Ric.
    I spent hours searching Google & never had any luck finding a picture to match. I don't suppose you could maybe point me towards a book or site that has a listing of common FL weeds, could you?

These 3 are unfortunately in my own back yard but I've got a few others at the condo I work at that I'd like to I.D. as well.

DSTC. They were shot with a Nikon D70 DSLR camera, Sigma 70-300mm lens & a Nikon SB600 flash...My weekend hobby when I'm not working.

Again, thanks everyone.
    Rob

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Weeds of Southern Turfgrasses Published by U of Fla. Extension Service IFAS The Institute of Food and Agricultural Science

8. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

damn i got one right.....i got that book from the local extension office here in town at terry park

9. FL-lawnjockey

FL-lawnjockey Banned

Thanks, Ric. I ordered that book last night & should have it by the weekend.
    I didn't even think about it until Gregory just mentioned it but I should've checked at my local Ext. office for it. Oh well.
    Seeing how all this is work related I guess I'll just have to leave the shop early today so I can hit the Ext. office before they close & see what else they may have.

Rob

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Lawnjockey

All County Extension offices are not the same. You may not of found that book at your local office. Gregory is in Lee County and IMHO Lee County Extension office is the best in SW Fla. I have been to 5 different county extension offices around the area and none compare. I give a lot credit to Steve Brown and Roy Bedford who are the Agents there. BTW They are both Island Born of Africa decent but raised here in America. They are both some of the hardest working State employees I have ever seen. Steve Brown has actually driven to my county to help me with a problem and then Ask for help from the U of F to solve that problem. Any other state employee would have said get your local guy to do it. My local agent is a Pure Idiot that are luck to find his way to work just like most State employees.