Weed ID and Treatment

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mdlwn1, May 1, 2011.

1. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Anyone know what this is or how to kill it? Full rate (and then some) Trimec with sticker does nothing...Red Zone full rate nada. It kinda came out of nowhere last year and is exploding this year. It grows to the top of the grass and will crowd out the turf wherever it is. I will send a cashiers check for $50 to the first person that can ID and prescribe EFFECTIVE treatment.....and no guys, it isn't crabgrass.

IMG00055-20110430-1857.jpg

2. mdlwn1

3. mdlwn1

cant upload the other pics for some reason.

4. mdlwn1

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I know what it is, but the name is slipping me right now, I'm currently trying to look it up.

It's common in landscape beds and hard to control. My theory is that even after you kill off the existing weed, the seed in the area left behind will still germinate.

One section I've tried to control in a bed has taken me 3 years to get to an acceptable situation. Glyph only (no pre-em by HO request).

6. mdlwn1

Please let me know if you remember the name...I'm wondering if maybe my Barricade app is too late for it and should be done while the turf is fully dormant.

7. White Gardens

Still looking. I can't believe I can't remember the name. I need to figure it out again, so I'm looking hard.

8. White Gardens

9. White Gardens

10. White Gardens