1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Weed ID website

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by PR Fect, Jan 24, 2009.

1. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm looking for the address or link to a web site we have used in the past. I think it is from one of the universities. It starts out by asking you if its a grassy or broadleaved weed, then if its conifer or simple leaf or compound, are the leaves opposite or alternate, ect. Then each time you answer it gives you a new question until you reached the weed you have. It had great pictures also. I had it tag in my favorites but lost it some how. Any help? PR

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Are you talking about weedalert.com?
  3. PR Fect

NO. Weed alert is a good learning tool. But the site we are looking for was the fastest and easiest way to ID a weed I have ever seen.
  4. Plant Buyer 83

Plant Buyer 83 LawnSite Member

This might be it... If not I use it occasionally and works great. I really like that it has a place that's basically if the answer is I don't know click here.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

6. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

7. PR Fect

My guess is most of the universities must have one. I really like that Michigan State site. Also University of Wisconsin's. http://weedid.wisc.edu/weedid.php but I still do not see the one we had been using.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Now I want to know what it is...lol. You made me curious!:)
  9. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

PR that link from UW extension is decent but you need to be vague with it. Personally I found going back to Scotts Weed Id handout book to be best.
  10. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member