Weed killer

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by pliotta88, Nov 17, 2013.

1. pliotta88

pliotta88 LawnSite Member

HELLO EVERYONE WHAT IS A GOOD WEEDKILLER TO USE. ILIVE IN THE SUNSHINE STATE THE WEEDS ARE OUT OF CONTROL. I HAVE USED QUICK PRO ROUND UP BUT IT BREAKS TE BANK. I WAS LOOKING FOR A GOOD PRODUCT WITH:cool2: A GOOD PRICE. THANXS FOR ALL THE INPUT

2. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Tractor supply back in the farm section has the good stuff. I use round up max. Think its 90 bucks and makes 250 gals. Its lasted me 4 years haha I just use it here and there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. pliotta88

Thanks for the info

4. FoghornLeghorn

FoghornLeghorn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Need juuuuuuuuust a little more info here, buddy. Are you looking for a non-selective "RoundUp", or are you looking for a selective like Atrazine, 2,4-D, or what?

For RoundUp, go to your local farm/ranch supply store. Buy a 2.5 gallon jug of Glyphosate 41, it costs $60.

STOP TYPING WITH ALL CAPS, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE ANGRY!!!

5. pliotta88

Sounds good thank you for the info. I will go check into that.

6. JLC Lawn Care

JLC Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Get Spectracide. Just get a 3 gal sprayer and mix your own mixture. best vegetation killer on the market. if you just want to kill weeds in a yard use a dial sprayer.

7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

use roundup powermax brand.

you can use the other brands but they don't have as much salt in them so you have to mix about 1/2 an ounce more of it per gallon than you do the roundup brand.

the other brands have 41% but roundup has 48.7%.

you can use about 1 1/2 ounces per gallon of roundup brand but you have to use about 2oz per gallon of the other brands to get the same effect. you aren't really saving much money since you have to use more.

also in my experience the roundup brand seems to go longer between sprayings than the other brands.

8. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Find the cheapest 2.5 gallon concentrate with 41% or higher glyphosate. Right now I can find it for around $60. Mix 3 ounces per gallon of water. Put in a little surfactant and within 2-3 weeks things should die. Spray the weeds thoroughly.