Weed Killer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mc752000, Sep 13, 2003.

1. mc752000

mc752000 LawnSite Member

What is the best type of weed and grass killer? Where do you all get it from? I have a commercial account that needs to be sprayed around different tanks, driveways and offices.

2. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

We use Round-Up Pro.

3. mc752000

mc752000 LawnSite Member

What is the best mixture you use? B/c I just bought some last night. But wanted to check around with you guys see what you use.

4. DaleL

DaleL LawnSite Member
    from SW Ohio

Read the lable. It's all on there...:)

DaleL

5. mc752000

mc752000 LawnSite Member

I know to read the label but since he has used it before he might no a better mixture for better results.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What exactly did you buy? There are many "weed-killers" out there, and there are many different uses. For instance, if you bought a general defoliant, to use "be sprayed around different tanks, driveways and offices", you're probably not going to go using it in or near beds or turf areas. As far as mixing rate goes, it depends on what it is, and what you intend on doing with it. This is why I say (and say all the time), that the best thing to do, if you are unsure, or not licensed, is hire someone to do it for you. It's pretty much fool-proof, then.

7. mc752000

mc752000 LawnSite Member

I bought Round Up Pro

8. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

Mix 1.3 oz to 1 gal of water (~ 100:1) will generally do the trick. I'm assuming you are licensed.

9. mc752000

mc752000 LawnSite Member

Where can you buy 3way?:dizzy:

10. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

3-way @ Lesco. Keep in mind 3-way is essentially a broadleaf herbicide and not a "grass killer" Fact is that it will have little or no effect on grasses. As far as I know 3-way doesn't have a formulation with MSMA, nontheless, you can mix both in the tank. Trimec-plus has MSMA included in the formulation. What are you trying to control?