1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Weed Killer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Terra Bella, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Terra Bella

Terra Bella LawnSite Member

I am trying to find out what the best commercial weed killer is to buy. I would like something that will take care of almost everything and will last for several months, What are you guys out there using that is the most effective.
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Where are you using it? (Lawn, garden, etc) What are you trying to accomplish? What is this for, are you using it on a customer's property?
  3. Terra Bella

Terra Bella LawnSite Member

I am using it on customers property. In a parking lot area and and to keep weeds down from growing up on a chain link fence. Also I would like a good spray for flower beds.
  4. mastercare

mastercare LawnSite Senior Member

If you're trying to kill everything.....go with old reliable.....Roundup. It'll kill everything it touches. Buy it in concentrate at Home Depot, it'll be cheaper.

If you're only killing weeds, not grasses, and spraying on the lawn, use Lesco's Momentum. 1 Gallon concentrate will make more than you'll ever use for spot spraying, and runs about $65. I always keep a batch mixed up and touch up the weeds in my lawn every couple weeks.....works great. Technically you need a Commercial Pest. license for them to be able to sell it to you though.
  5. snowmizer

snowmizer LawnSite Member

if you want total death for weeds try prosecutor from lesco, if you have a pest. liscense. if not go with roundup