1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

weed killers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by SKAT LAWN, Apr 8, 2006.

SKAT LAWN LawnSite Member

generic round up??? need the best killer for money, thanks
  2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, no answer here. I have used Round-Up only because it gets the job done - always. To save money, buy the largest quantity of CONCENTRATE available and mix according to label. :usflag:
  3. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Ranger Pro - same thing as Roundup and made by Monsanto as well.
  4. lawnartisan

lawnartisan LawnSite Member

i use remuda made by monterey 41% glyphosate the same as (round up pro) I get a gallon for $68 the round up purple cap is actually 51% glyphosate. Glyphosate is also known as Isoproplamine salt.

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

anything is cheaper than Roundup. The active ingredient is Glyphosphate and is sold under many brandnames. Buy the largest amount you can afford. Lesco sells their brand Prosecutor in 2.5 gal for about $75. If you can afford to buy a 50 gallon drum and the per ounce price goes way down.
  6. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

What are the differences?
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

No difference...it is the same thing (just a synonym).
  8. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

get a bag or halite rock salt and put it in a 5gal bucket of water to disolve. Salt water will kill anything no liscense needed
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Bad advice...and against the law. Yes, believe it or not,....against the law.
  10. jcthorne

jcthorne LawnSite Member

Buccaneer Plus......41% glyphosphate. $35 for 2.5 gallons at Farm chemical supply store