1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Weed Man

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ColePyck, May 30, 2005.

1. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Hey looking at the top 500 franchises of 2005 and noticed Weed Man Lawn Care was on there he was like in the top 125. anyone have this guy around there parts.
  2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Ya they are taking a share of TG/CL's market of homeowners who like that kind of thing.
    I personally think the yellow trucks are ugly.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

He's here..........
  4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

It's big over here in Ontario too. They offer a lot of support for the Dealers including 1-800 numbers, of course the Dealer pays for all that help I'm sure. I get a few lawns from them but I usually refer more to them than I get back. I send all the really fussy customers to them you know, the ones that you can never seem to please. Then a few years later they get tired of paying more money for the same results and they will call me again. By this time they are a little better trained and I don't have to make multipe trips back for every single weed.
  5. Triple R

Triple R LawnSite Member

They started here this January. Had me woried about driving down prices until I got a bid from them for an 8 step program on 2k of fescue for $42 per visit and like $65 to preemerge about 1k of beds, no post control in beds mentioned or offered.
  6. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

I've seen a lot of there trucks in the Toledo, OH area too. I haven't had the oppertunity to check out there prices though.
  7. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

there is a 6 truck weedman based out of the south end thats why we are seeing them

btw you need to wave back,..... I know you saw me mowing out at tuggys on woodville last week in the rain because you were staring;)
  8. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

I honestly dont remember. I was probably just zoned out thinking about :drinkup: . I'll keep an eye out for you next time though! Were's tuggys?